Ms. Garner is the school counselor at Oak Glen High School. Ms. Garner is available daily at the school. In addition, she can be reached through her office phone or email provided below.
Sherrie L. Garner, MA
Master of Arts Counseling, West Virginia University 2007
Bachelor of Science, Physical Education West Virginia University 1993
Phone 304-564-3500 ext. 3709. email@example.com
Today's school counselors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development. Ms. Garner is available to help each student reach their greatest potential and prepare them for post high school studies, career planning, and the workplace as their personal goals define them.
- Fall open House-Muskingum University-October 21, November 10, register online at: http://muskingum.edu/admission/fallprogramsreg.html
Lunch Room Visits
- Monday December 4 - Marshall University - Ashley Killingsworth, Admissions Counselor
- All West Virginia high school Juniors will begin taking the SAT as the statewide summative assessment in Spring 2018, announced by the West Virginia Department of Education (WVDE)
- The SAT - www.collegeboard.org - You DO NOT need to register for the summative assessment.
- The American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship Program "A Constitutional Speech Contest". For More Information: The American Legion, PO Box 3191, Charleston, WV 25332, 304-342-7591, www.wvlegion.org , firstname.lastname@example.org, or Your Local American Legion Post.
- 2018 Profile in Courage Essay Contest-Describe and analyze an act of political courage by a U.S. elected official who served during or after 1917, the year of JFK's birth. Essay lengh: 700-1,000 words. For complete guidelines, curriculum materials, and related video, please visit - www.jfklibrary.org/essaycontest.
Drone Pilot Ground School-Age 16 and older
The High School STEM Scholarship for Aspiring Commercial Drone Pilots was created to support high school students ages 16 and up who are serious about learning how to fly drones commercially, and support the use f drones to further the interest of high school students in STEM subjects. https://www.dronepilotgroundschool.com/scholarship/
Post High School College & Career Testing, Etc
- ASVAB Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery Test will be given at school on Wednesday December 6, 2017 - test begins at 8:00 am - sign up with Ms. Garner
- FAFSA for college admission/registration is starting on October 1, 2017 for the 2018-2019- school year.
- ACT Registration/Information, www.act.org. Oak Glen School Code: 490920
- SAT Registration/Information, www.collegeboard.org. Oak Glen School Code: 490920
- West Virginia Promise Scholarship Registration available.
- STEPS TO HELP with filing a FASFA: https://blog.ed.gov/2017/09/8-steps-to-filling-out-the-fafsa-form/?sf66013594=1
Financial Aid Timeline for WV Students
Deadline to submit the FAFSA to be considered for the PROMISE Scholarship
Deadline to submit the FAFSA to be considered for the West Virginia Higher Education Grant
Deadline to apply for the Nursing Scholarship